We have been working on something special, our very own podcast!
Last year we posted a blog on some of our favourite business podcasts.
So we thought, why not do something our Director, Michael is very passionate about, our own business podcast.
Over the years, we have built up a wealth of knowledge and had some very successful experiences in helping new businesses start up. It’s not always been easy, and we have been very fortunate to build up a great client base that has supported us along the way.
Now, Michael explores the journey our clients have been on to get to where they are today. He asks some gritty questions to help share the ups and downs in starting up a business.
Listen to The Woodville Business Start Up Podcast on various platforms here;
Our first episode is with Hamad from digital agency, Unbranded Manchester.
In this long form conversation we explore Hamad’s business journey.
We discuss various things, including –
- How not previously working in an industry can give you an advantage. By looking at the problem with fresh eyes, you can see it differently and create new routes to market and products.
- Ask yourself – what does my customer actually want or need? It’s often not what they’re asking for.
- Pricing evolution
- Saying yes and learning lots by going above and beyond and treating everybody fairly
- Over promise and then over deliver to win work!
- Overcoming being a victim of circumstance – addressing toxic things in your business
- Breaking the ceiling to power on to the next level
- Focusing on what you’re good at
- Improving communication in your team
- Breaking down the sales process
- Saving time in the future – using your emails to create a FAQ guide
- Focusing on the business rather than in the business.
- 30 mins – How to make it work with your spouse in the business.
- Pricing again – starting from free & website for £95 to Media City & £25k websites!
- Splitting out the full timeline of building out a website
- Customer experience & guarantees
- Working out the unmet need – making money for our clients
- Emotion of pricing
- How money frees up time.
- Employing people – what the catalyst was
- Taking the fear out of employing people
- How employing people frees up your time to focus on working on the business
- How 60 minutes of public speaking can build a huge business
- Building a network – getting rapport and getting going – being brutally honest
- Doing a great job from the get go
- (1 hour 21minutes) Advice for starting up in 2019. What would Hamad do with 2 hours per week to market his business?
- Mindset – putting the graft in
- Advice to your 20 year old self – work for Google 😊
- Making your business work for you
We hope you enjoy the first episode.
If you would like to share your story with our listeners please get in touch! We would love to you have a chat with you!