All new customers come through the same process, which starts with a discovery call. Here we ask some set questions to ensure that we’re the right fit for each other. We can do this via telephone or video, your call!
Chorley Accountants saving you tax & time
As well as ensuring you hit your business goals, make more money & invest in your future
We’re not just accountants in Chorley.
As fellow business owners, we understand your day to day pressures and the multiple hats you’re expected to wear. Often on a minute by minute basis.
Whether it’s cashflow, HR, business development, finding new suppliers, fixing the internet, locating a leak, unblocking the toilets and more – we know as we’ve been or are there!
We know you have a range of accountants you can choose from which is why we don’t just focus on the compliance side. We make sure that’s a given and you’re straight.
Then we can focus on helping you with your other hats.
You can start a chat with us below to find out how we can help you.
Putting money back in your pocket
Saving tax is your first stop with your new Chorley Accountants. Whilst everyone needs to pay their fair share into the system, we ensure you’re not paying more than you need to.
To do this, we undertake a review of your accounts to plug the gaps.
1. We’ll ensure your bookkeeping is up to scratch as we want to make sure that no receipts are able to go missing. If you’re not already online, we’ll be looking to move you onto QuickBooks Online.
2. Then we’ll look at your business structure to make sure you’re paying as little as possible. Whilst tax on dividends mean a limited company formation isn’t as profitable as it used to be, operating through one can mean you limit your higher rate tax liability.
3. We’ll then look at your investment vehicles. Are you saving enough? Are you receiving tax relief in the most beneficial way? Both now and in the future.
Freeing you up to do the things you love
Time is the most precious thing we have. Once it’s gone, you’ll never get it back.
Which is why we offer time saving services to give it you back now so you can get back to doing what you love. Or at least put it to better use.
1. Automation is where we start. We’ll ensure you have industry leading technology in your business starting with Auto Entry & QuickBooks. These will take care and be the base of your bookkeeping and finance function. From there we start to pull in other apps which will save you time. From automatic mileage tracking to cashflow forecasting, there are apps which will save you time and improve you finance function. A double win!
2. We’re also accountants in Chorley who offer a host of outsourced bookkeeping and payroll services. Bookkeeping starts at £28 + VAT / month and payroll from £7 + VAT per month. How much time would you get back if you didn’t do your bookkeeping or payroll? And, more importantly, what would you do with that time?
Hitting your business goals
Holding you accountable to them so you thrive
We think having business goals are incredible important. They help you to focus on the bigger prize when the day to day stress of being in business get in the way.
But having goals isn’t enough. You need some measures to ensure you’re doing the right things at the right time. And your team know what to focus on too.
Peter Drucker famously said – “What gets measured gets managed”
Which is why we have a service around helping you set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) within your business and then holding you accountable to them in our quarterly meetings.
By setting business goals which help you achieve your long term strategy in life, you’re more likely to be more disciplined when the going gets tough.
And the KPI’s will help to encourage behaviours that you and your team need to show to hit your goals.
Let us know what your goals are in the chat box below.
Making more money
A fresh set of eyes opening opportunities
As Chorley Accountants, we like to go the extra mile for you and your business. We love to help you identify more ways to earn extra money and grow your business.
This is often nothing else other than a fresh set of eyes looking at what you do and applying our combined years of knowledge into your business.
But we’ve helped customers implement ideas such as –
1. Identifying where the wage cost was too high as percentage of turnover and helping that business save £40,000 per year.
2. Showing a customer what they could make if they offered a single product to all of their 180 weekly customers. In their case it helped them to make at least double what they pay us.
3. Telling restaurant customers what we’d seen in similar businesses – which is to offer the beer with the highest margin first!
Often a fresh set of eyes is all it needs to unlock opportunities in your business. Get in touch with us here or in the chat box below!
Investing in your future
Chorley Accountants helping you smash retirement
Retirement sounds so long away doesn’t it. Even if it isn’t, the human brain is pretty good at making you think it is.
But it will most of us. So the sensible idea is to plan for it. As early as possible to maximise your returns.
Which is why we make sure you receive a completely free financial health check when you join us to make sure you’re appropriately covered for when you plan to retire.
There’s some nice tax breaks too. We talk about them in our free tax tips e-book which you can download from the form on this page.
When you have your free review we’ll show you how much you need to be saving on a monthly basis to ensure you hit your retirement goals. That’s much better to know now rather than when you hand the keys over.
If you’re not sure on what your retirement plans are, take a read of The Four Hour Work Week. It has some great tips on mini-retirements. If you book a meeting with us and want a free copy of the book, let us know when you do and we’ll get you a copy in!
From start up to established business
Helping businesses of all sizes achieve their goals
When we started in business as accountants in Chorley, we were like most new businesses – a one-man band operating from a spare bedroom.
The spare bedroom is now a child’s bedroom and we now operate from a unit in Chorley, employing 7 people. So, we know all about the growing pains going from one to the other.
We also work with businesses of all sizes. Providing you have a growth mindset, whether that’s personal or business, we want to work with you.
From start ups to decades-old established business (and everything in between), we’ve dealt with them all.
The Woodville Way
Accountants in Chorley setting a world class sign up process
In the meeting we’re looking to add value to you and your business. You’ll have given us some issues which we’ll be looking to offer solutions and assistance. Then at the end of the meeting we’ll give you a price for the services which are going to help you hit your goals the best.
After you’ve signed up you go through a process which gets you into our systems. There will be a couple more meetings with other team members to ensure a smooth transition into our way of working.
Solving your problems
How we help
ACCOUNTS, TAX & PAYROLL
Getting the compliance right is key and keeps HMRC off your back. We will file your accounts, tax returns, payroll and pension returns as needed to keep you on the straight and narrow.
Read more here.
All of our accounts team are advanced QuickBooks users meaning we know how to fix issues, get you speedy figures so you know where your business is at. Read more here.
We can help train you and your team on QuickBooks and other related apps you are using in your workplace. This will create more efficiencies for you. See more here.
QUARTERLY REVIEW MEETINGS
Here we build a Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboard based on your goals for the business. The aim is to encourage good behaviours which ensure you hit them and we meet quarterly to hold you accountable to your goals.
BUDGETS & CASHFLOWS
Having a well thought out budget and cashflow in place will make sure you don’t overstretch and you have the resources you need in your business. Not sure where to start? Get in touch!
Sometimes you need a full day to thrash out your thoughts, dreams, fears and plans to map out the plan. A strategy does that. Offsite and full of enthusiasm, we’ll get that plan made. See more here.
Get in touch
It couldn’t be easier to start a conversation with us about looking after you and your business.
You can –
- Start a chat in the chat box below.
- Drop us a message through our contact page
- Message us on Facebook
- Or even book your discovery call through our booking system below.
Or give us a call using the button below!