Become a Woodville Apprentice!
Want to be an accountant?
We are looking for a new apprentice accountant to start with us in September 2022.
Training to be an accountant is challenging and hardwork. But it is incredibly rewarding and you have our support every step of the way to make sure you pass your exams. Then we will help you to decide on your next steps after your AAT L4 is completed.
At Woodville, you will learn the basics of accounting and bookkeeping through work and study. But, we will also teach you how to look beyond the numbers and tell customers what they mean.
This is what customers really want and where the the value lies. Plus it compliments your studies, putting the theory into practice.
What will you learn?
Over 3 years, whilst you study AAT Level 3 & 4, you will learn the following –
- The admin function within an accountancy business – the vital foundations.
- How to speak to different types of customers in a range of settings.
- Payroll processing & the CIS scheme
- Bookkeeping fundamentals
- Sole trader & partnership accounts
- Annual tax returns – transitioning to making tax digital submissions when it is implemented
- Limited company accounts to trial balance
What's it like at Woodville?
We offer a range of benefits when you work with us –
- Flexible working (following successful probation) – start & finish early or late. As long as you’re on top of your work, that’s fine with us.
- Casual dress – We have a casual dress code, come comfortably dressed. Definitely no ties!
- Company events – we have staff away days, go to the races, complete Escape Rooms and go out for days out.
- Working from home is also an option.
- Paid college study leave.
- As much extra training as you want, just ask 🙂
If you’re looking for something else, let us know!
Who we're looking for
Someone who lives our values.
- Greatness – striving to be the best you can be?
- Operating above the line – taking ownership, responsibility & accepting things as they are.
- Wowing when you can
And above all, having a growth mindset. As a mentor said to our owner, Michael, a few years ago – the day you stop learning is the day you stop earning.
Every day is a learning day. If you like the sound of that, get in touch!
Spend the day with us!
We know what it’s like to leave college and not really know what it’s going to be like in a job – we’ve been there ourselves!
So this year, we’re offering the opportunity to spend the day at our offices and shadow us to find out what it’s like and if it’s something you want to do.
You can ask questions, listen in and get a real like appraisal of what it’s like in our offices.
To move forward, arrange your initial Teams interview with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll look forward to speaking with you soon!